Thursday, January 12, 2006

Married Life @1 month

Ok so it has been one month....AHHHH!!! To think I am actually married for one month now. Craziness! So I ask myself...what am I loving and what am I wishing were different....
Here are my thoughts.
Loving Thoughts...
1. Companionship - I always have someone to come home to (that is a girl and not just a roommate - ha). This is huge for me, as I rarely like to be alone anyway.
2. Spiritual Growth - I feel as this has been one of the biggest growth times in my life as a result of marriage. We read and pray every night!
3. Healthier Lifestyle - She cooks healthier than my prior fast food diet and we exert tons of energy everyday with each other, usually at night...haha!!!
Wishing thoughts...
1. Sleep - It has been hard for both of us to sleep at night. We toss and turn, as we had different sleeping preferences (i.e. noise, no noise, etc.) so this has been challenging.
2. Sacrifice - It is not about me anymore. I have to always think with her in mind with everything I do, i.e. spending money, planning trips, etc.
All said, I love it and hear it only gets better...thoughts? Does it only get better? Any ideas on the above points...from you marrieds or singles alike...

7 comments:

Summers said...

Dude...#3 is TMI :)

Seriously though, thanks for the update of Married Life, praying and thinking of ya'!

-J-

Anonymous said...

awww CUTE! this is hannah lahrman by the way. tell that wife of yours that i miss her like crazy, i'm so happy to hear that life is going well for the two of you thus far. keep it up!
God bless~ Hannah

Ryan Schmitz said...

Brian,

Congratulations on your marriage, hope I get a chance to meet Shannon sometime soon.

Sleep is a tough change, we started sleeping better when we switched to a pillow mattress. Someday we will get a bigger bed, but we need a bigger home first.

Sacrifice definitely gets easier because the longer you are married, the more that you are concerned about each other and each other's needs.

Ryan

Shannon said...

I love you hunny, and we'll get it down! I have been sleeping a little better. It helps if you don't snore! :) I'm just kidding, you're doing so much better!!!

Angie said...

Sleeping well together definitely comes with practice and time. I have been married for a little over a year and I am sleeping well, but my husband is still learning to deal with my twitchiness at night. And it does get better. I encourage you to make sure you keep up on your reading and praying together, as that is so very important. Congrats on a good first month!

Anonymous said...

it gets much better. I have the occasional night where the hubby snores up a storm and I just really need rest, so I sleep in the guest room. As long as it doesn't happen every night.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »