Thursday, April 17, 2008

Leaving the WU...It's gonna be hard to do!


I am just now really starting to realize that in a little over two months, we will no longer be residents of Marion, Indiana. I never thought I would say this, but that will be a sad day. I mean, not that I don't have great memories of Marion from college, but moving here was not my first choice due to the natural beauty of South Marion! :) However, after being here 2 years, I have come to truly love the people and the town and the 2 colleges that are in the areas, being IWU and TU.
This picture of myself, Halle, and Lindsey Wachter at an IWU men's basketball game this year really epitomizes what I love about college ministry. Here is a success story in Lindsey. She comes from a non-Christian home and was in my youth group for 3 years. I prayed that she would attend a great Christian school like IWU so she could keep growing in her faith...and she did! Now she will be entering her junior year of college and wow! I am getting old. I have former youth group kids getting ready to graduate college. What is the world coming to? In fact, there are 6 alone that attend IWU. YaY God! That alone is a success in my opinion. Oh well, I do love this place, my ministry, and these kids. I can only pray God will take care of them and continue to grow them long after I am gone physically out of their lives.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this picture. Many will miss you too my dear! I'm glad you're not leaving me!

Anonymous said...

Brian, This is your Louisiana Bud Jamey. My Computor got whiped out by a virus and I dont have your email address phone number or anything anymore.

I was going through some of my old stuff and found some old newspaper clippings of Buckeyes "Finest". WHat a BEAST!! "# 85 Brian Bradford makes 'game-saving' tackle". Pretty sweet indeed. Anyway, shoot me an email with all your contact info. Hope everything is going great for You, Shannon and little Halle anne.