Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Random Thoughts about Random Things

I usually write more serious blogs, but it is after 11pm and I am dead. I have to teach in the morning at 7:50am and need to sleep, but am having late night random thoughts like:
1. I do believe God has a sense of humor - i.e. I hated 7:50's in college and now I am teaching one. I have a kid in the back who sleeps sometimes but I have not had the heart to wake him yet as I keep thinking how I was that guy at one point :)
2. Do American primary and secondary schools not teach kids how to write papers. I am in the process of grading reflection papers right now and it is unreal how many students make simple grammatical mistakes that kill them. Where are the grammar teachers?
3. I love my wife!
4. I absolutely love what I am doing? Can you say that about your job, ministry, life? I sure hope so.
5. I feel so blessed right now. I have a great wife, amazing job, wonderful parents and family...God is good!
6. LSU Tigers are 6 in the nation right now in football and are moving up after their win over Auburn this week.
7. I am headed back in 1 week to my 10 year high school reunion...what! are you kidding! 10 years! I am getting old for sure!
8. We launched a new college service/venue here at CWC called 747 and for the second week since its existence we doubled in size to almost 100...our big kickoff is this week so pray for that if you can.
Well I am off but let me know any randoms you would add here...I promise the next blog will be more focused...

7 comments:

jenny marvin mealy said...

1. I am sick of rain and the smell of everything wet.

2. I hate the Rally's commercial with the rap cat!

3. I attend a very cool church.

Matt said...

LSU may be climbing in the rankings, but they are gonna have to wait to prove it in January against the Buckeyes, because they are the only REAL number one!! I'm glad to hear how awesome things are for ya now, know that God is using you in a mighty way to impact all of those students at IWU! Keep up the good work!
-McKee

D&K said...

I'm proud of you man...I bet you're an incredible prof.

-David

David Drury said...

Hey man... congrats on your 10 year hs Reunion and getting old! :-) Whatever!

Sounds like 747 is starting great. I'd love to visit if I'm ever there on the night. It's sunday nights?

I agree on the quality of writing issue while grading papers -- I waste a lot of time just helping people put sentances together. It's made me wonder if it was the same way when I was in college and I just didn't notice it.

-David

Dan said...

brian,

hey man, it was good talking to you quick last week. things are going really well here so far. thanks again so much for leaving things in such great shape and working so hard here - your mark will be felt for many years to come... and for eternity i'm certain.

glad to hear things are going so well for you there! it's so exciting to see you loving what you're doing... keep up the great work!

hope to talk to you soon...

dan ward

Brian B said...

Dan - Thanks for the kind words...It always is huge when you hear that you made a small impact in student's lives...there is no greater difference you make in life in my opinion.
Dave Drury - bro, I think you are right...we probably were not the greatest writers either!
David - Thanks for the encouragement...I sure hope so, as I taught like crazy yesterday! They probably jsut thought I was crazy as I ran around the room.
Matt - Never fear, OSU still has to play Michigan!
Jenn - if you are ever at College Wesleyan, come to a cool service...747

Doug Witte said...

wait, when did LSU beat Auburn??? Hmm, I must have missed that game ;)

War Eagle.