Friday, June 01, 2007

Going Home







We are so excited right now because the doctors just left and they said we could go home, without the Billy-Rueben (sp?) blanket! No more little gloworm! YAY! So the first reason to give thanks is that we are going home. We have been here since Sunday at 12:30pm! Ah! Shan is ready for a new environment, and I am ready for my own bed and not the roll-out chair bed in the hospital room here. Secondly, we are excited to be going home without the blanket. It wraps around her to give her artifical light 24/7 in order to help with her Jondis. Her Jondis score has come down from 15.3 to this morning it was 13.1! YAY! All said, we are simply excited to be heading home. Keep praying for Shan's recovery as she still walks around like a slow moving grandmother, shuffling everywhere. Hopefully, she can continue to improve everyday. Here are some pics of my parents and my sister Lisa with her, as well as a picture from this morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jaundice
bilirubin

Brian B said...

Hey sorry I did not spell the words correctly...running on very little sleep...would have loved for you to offer the corrections personally so I can know who to thank for the help!

Anonymous said...

:)))) bilirubin - billy-reuben
Like your way better!!
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

omg. my neice had the EXACT same thing! your wife was my english teach. but anyway, they called her baby glow worm! haha, luv her so much. her name's Kae-lani, btw. tell Mrs. B i said hi!